Reducing AWS Costs - Learn to slash your AWS bill!
Use simple changes such as reserved instances and right sizing or more complex design options to slash your AWS bill
Are your AWS bills higher than expected? Many times this is not a result of the services running, but the pricing models you are using. In this course, you will learn how to slash your AWS bill. Topics covered include:
- Basic AWS cost management, including Budgets, the Free Tier, Cost Explorer, and Trusted Advisor
- Reducing EC2 costs with right-sizing, Spot Instances, Reserved Instances, and Autoscaling
- Cutting EBS and Snapshot costs using CloudWatch and Data LifeCycle Manager
- Understand S3 Storage Classes, and S3 Analytics, LifeCycles Rules, and Intelligent Tiering
- Learn how to reduce VPC and Transfer Charges
- Use Caching Solutions like DynamoDB accelerator, CloudFront, and Elasticache to improve performance and reduce costs
- Set up a Savings Plan to easily realize huge savings on EC2, Lambda, and Fargate
What you’ll learn
- Learn how to use AWS pricing plans and design principles to reduce costs
- Save money on services such as EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, VPC, Transfer Charges, EBS, and more!
- Set up billing alerts and monitor free tier usage.
- Use Savings Plans to easily cut EC2, Lambda, and Fargate costs
- Understand transfer costs and how to reduce them
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- A basic understanding of AWS services
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who manages AWS products and services
I am the owner of TrainerTests,and am an official certified trainer for VMware and AWS.
I have delivered thousands of hours of official live training to my students, and I love teaching people new skills.
I am the founder of TrainerTests, which provides video training unlike any other company. I believe in using high quality illustrations and animations to simply complex concepts. in my courses you will get the technical depth that you need, with a focus on making sure that you completely understand the underlying concepts.
I have over 200,000 students across a variety of platforms, with multiple top-rated and best selling courses.
StartReduce EC2 Costs by Right-Sizing (4:40)
StartAWS Compute Optimizer (5:50)
StartReduce EC2 Costs with Reserved Instances (11:06)
StartReserved Instance Details (4:22)
StartReduce EC2, Lambda, and Fargate Costs using Compute Savings Plans (12:36)
StartReduce EC2 Costs with Spot Instances (9:56)
StartCharges for Stopped EC2 Instances (2:07)
StartReduce Costs with AWS Instance Scheduler (9:51)
StartReduce Costs by Optimizing Auto-Scaling Groups (6:37)
StartReduce EBS Costs (5:24)
StartReduce Snapshot Costs with Data Lifecycle Manager (6:37)
StartUnderstanding S3 Storage Classes (8:01)
StartUse S3 Analytics to Identify Storage Patterns (5:21)
StartReduce S3 Costs with LifeCycle Rules (7:28)
StartReduce S3 Costs with Intelligent Tiering (5:37)
StartVPC and Data Transfer Charges (5:04)
StartReducing AWS Transfer Charges (11:46)
StartDev and Test Environments (2:14)
StartReduce RDS Costs (11:58)
StartReduce DynamoDB Costs (10:51)
StartReducing Costs and Improving Performance with Caching (6:48)